This is a rare opportunity to own a mint condition Maserati Ghibli, with no rust, which has been manufactured manufactured between late December 1969 and early January 1970 before being sold by Citroen of Montreal in Canada for the first time, a few months later. As I sand before this is a mint condition car and fully documented since day one. The car has been painted red in 1984 and it stayed like this until 2003 when a specialist bought it, and restored it after importing it to California first. The restoration process started in 2013 and finished in late 2005 and it included a total overhaul of the engine, transmission, suspension, electric and a repaint to the original ProvinciaBlue. However the original leather interior has been kept and it has some nice features inside such as the Blaupunkt stereo system, power steering, the air conditioning, a beautiful central arm rest. The steering wheel, wood-trimmed, is a nice addition to the entire interior of the car giving it a classic and luxurious look. The leather inside is Italian (of course, refreshed back in 2003-2005), the door panels have been refreshed, the headliner and the center console. The original glass has been kept all around.
The restoration also included work on the drive train, all the rubber mounts and bushings have been replaced, the shocks have been replaced, subsequently the wheel bearings have been replaced, the brake lines, the brake disks, the calipers have been restored, the engine has been rebuilt and so were the electricals.
The factory 15 inches Campagnolo wheels are sitting on a set of Michelin XWX tires to complete the outside looks of the car.
Another aspect which has not been neglected is the undercoating which has been applied to protect it for many many years to come. The power train received lots of attention as well, the 4.7 liter engine V8 with four cams is paired to a five speed manual transmission provided by ZF. All four Weber carbs have been refurbished as well.
I had the chance to buy the car back in 2009 when the financial crisis was full on and I was happy to drive it every once in a while and extremely grateful to have the chance of admiring it every morning when I was taking my daily driver out of the garage to go work. Time has not come to part ways and I'll allow it to find a new caretaker to fully enjoy it.
The car received some awards back in 2006 during Monterey car week and these are some nice reminders of the build quality of this Maserati.
As I mentioned above the vehicle is thoroughly documented, the it comes with a clear title under my name, a certificate of origin, data sheet, the equipment list and the car has only 49,000 miles.delivery records by Maserati Classiche. All documentation will be passed to the new owner.
Pictures are limited here on ebay but I can send a few more by request.
Please read before bidding:
- The successful winning bidder must contact me within 24 hours after the auction has ended to verify purchase and make arrangements to complete the transaction;
- Full payment must be received within 5 business days of the end of auction. Payment must be either by bank or paypal. If funds are not received, and an alternate arrangement has not been made, the vehicle can and will be made available to other potential buyers on a first-come, first-serve basis;
- I won't hold the car unless an agreement is signed and a non-refundable deposit is paid;
- I will assist with shipping arrangements however, the buyer pays all shipping costs. I do not have any affiliation with, or interest in, any transportation companies whatsoever; I will choose a shipping company based on price and experience;
- The car is sold As Is, with no warranties expressed or implied;
- Non-paying bidders, unqualified bidding, bid shielding, auction interference or any type of harassment, will be dealt with according to Rules, local law, and may include, but are not limited to, legal action and applicable fees, lose of deposit or any other necessary costs;
- I reserve the right to cancel bids and/or the auction at anytime for any reason;
- PLACING A BID ON THIS AUCTION, CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL THE INFORMATION PRESENTED.
Thanks for viewing and happy bidding!
|Anzahl der Türen:||2||Kilometerstand:||49000 mls|
|Besonderheiten:||Oldtimer, Scheckheftgepflegt||Leistung:||335 ps|
|Typ:||Sportwagen/Coupé||Herstellungsland und -region:||Vereinigte Staaten|
|Datum der Erstzulassung:||19700429|